Interstitial

November 13, 2010

So I’m both an artist and a writer, and sometimes the pendulum swings wildly between the two.  So: I’ve hardly worked on any art in the past few weeks but I’ve written tens of thousands of words of stuff, fiction and nonfiction.  If I had to describe the difference between the two activities I’d say that art is a daily, rigorous, experimental thing that occupies 80% of my time while writing comes in torrents all at once and fills the other 20% with constant reading and shoving words up against each other.

So I’m writing a lot now and with hope I’ll get a novel finished but I did sneak down and get some photos near my apartment, nothing that adds up to something but just scratching the itch to make art.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: